HMRC have today launched a new service to directly help mid-sized businesses as they expand and grow.
Businesses with either a turnover of more than £10 million or more than 20 employees, and undergoing significant growth, can now seek expert help from HMRC growth support specialists.
There are around 170,000 mid-sized businesses registered in the UK.
Known as the Growth Support Service, HMRC tax experts will offer dedicated support, tailored to the customer’s needs. It has been created to help growing, mid-sized businesses access the information and services they need.
This could include:
- helping with tax queries about their growing business
- supplying accurate information and co-ordinating technical expertise from across HMRC
- supporting them to get their tax right first time and access relevant incentives or reliefs.
Businesses who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online; they will then be contacted by their dedicated growth support specialist at HMRC, to discuss their requirements. The bespoke service will generally last between three to six months.
The top five industries and sectors that could benefit from the Growth Support Service are:
- Manufacturing (i.e. building, printing or maintenance firms)
- Information and communication (i.e. IT or software companies, film makers or publishers)
- Administrative and support services (i.e. vehicle hire companies, recruitment agencies or call centres)
- Professional, scientific and technical services (i.e. law and accountancy firms or quantity surveyors)
- Wholesale and retail (i.e. high street shops, food and drink outlets or car showrooms)